I offer the follwowing two options, on a on a one to one basis, and find that is works very well, as...
it allows a more personal discussion and conversation bespoke to your own pregnancy
clients can book the topics that they wish Midwife Care to offer
clients can book the length of the classes to their own choosing
the classes can be arranged at a time which suits you best, dependent on your own commitments.
Recommended to commence from 28 weeks onwards:
Course programme: 6 hours teaching time -
£325 daytime; £360 evening/weekend
A course programme and handouts are provided.
- What to expect as you approach your "due date" (term of pregnancy), including where to have your baby.....home, midwife led unit and delivery suite hospital
- Optimal fetal positioning and its relevance to labour
- Normal Labour & birthing process, and preparation for the big day!
- Self help coping mechanisms, especially in early labour at home, as well as waterbirth & pain relief for labour, such as TENS machine, entonox, pethidine and epidural. Discussed in light of evidence based care, looking at pro's and cons.
- Common occurances and interventions in labour such as monitoring baby heartbeat, what happens when my waters go, hormone drip in labour, forceps or ventouse deliveries, caesarian sections,vaginal tears (how to try to ovoid them) and stitching, immediate post delivery for mother and baby
- Breastfeeding/infant feeding
- Parenting preparation, including cot death recommendations
- Postnatal and the first few weeks advice
Alternatively,if you do not require or want the full programme, for example you would like a session on pain relief only, or stages of labour...teaching fee's on hourly basis...£70 per hour day; £80 per hour evening
Remember....all classes led by myself as practicing midwife....drawing on years of experience, to give you factual, un-biased, evidence based information....facilitating you to make informed choices for labour and delivery, and parenthood!
Please contact Midwife care by email or phone to discuss and arrange your classes.